Yes CNN, Trump’s Inauguration Did Have the Highest Audience
Following Trump’s Inauguration, CNN and other media outlets used photos of the National Mall that were taken before the security gates opening (8:20). They then perpetuated a barrage of lies and reported that no one had shown up for the historic event. When White House press secretary Sean Spicer attempted to correct the record, the media called him a liar and continued to show the altered photos. While many saw Trump as being petty, it is important to remember that if the President can’t count on the media, to be honest with something as simple as crowd size, how can he trust them to get policy details to the people? Despite the SorosThugs blocking security gates and intimidating attendees as well as the police malfeasance, Trump’s inauguration had the largest audience of any previous inauguration. Here are six facts that substantiate the enthusiasm behind Trump’s presidency.
1. Fox News peaked in viewership, between noon and 1 p.m., with 11 million viewers; the highest-rated inauguration coverage in network history.
2. 16.9 million tuned into CNN.com to watch the Inauguration, tying with its Election Day coverage for the site’s largest event in history.
3. Akami Technologies, which provides video streaming to NBC, MTV, Canadian Broadcasting Corp., the U.S. State Dept. and six federal agencies, Reuters, and the New York Post, reported, “Video streaming coverage of the 2017 Presidential Inauguration is the largest single live news event that the company has delivered.” Coverage reached 8.7 Tbs compared to Obama’s 2008 Inauguration which reached a mere 1.1 Tbs.
4. Nielson reported 2017 ratings of 31 million viewers, far exceeding Obama’s 2013 numbers of 20.5 million.
5. Streaming on Twitter’s platform exceeded 6.8 million, a world record for the service.
6. Although the National Park Service doesn’t provide official numbers, photos such as the CNN Gigaplex clearly show more people attended Trump’s inauguration, as compared to Obama.
Obama vs. Trump, 2009 vs 2017
— Viva Europa (@BakedNorwegian) January 23, 2017